22 April 2006

First Bit of Narcissism

Hello, and welcome to my little knitting corner. I thought i'd use this first post to show off some of the first projects I've finished since I started knitting in October 2005. I'm largely self taught (with some help from books and this crazy, new-fangled interweb), but I have hope.

This scarf was my first ever real FO (pattern taken from Stitch 'n Bitch), and the hat my first hat---although it's really just a ribbed rectangle knit in the round. Plymouth's baby alpaca, bulky weight.



The first gifted object I ever made was a simple 1x1 ribbed scarf, Ravenclaw style. J permitted me to show this picture of him modeling. I'd like to say he was pretty excited when he received it, but I've yet to figure out how much he'll actually use it down south. Lion Brand Wool-Ease.



My second gifted object, this was for my parents for Christmas (along with a nice bottle of wine, of course). The first picture is a little truer to color. I had a little difficulty with this pattern (Knitty's Wine Cozy), and were I to do it again I'd go up a needle size. It also made it terribly apparent that I need to get better at seaming---but my parents didn't really seem to care. (Ba dum bum.) Lion Brand Wool-Ease, leftover from the scarf.



I hope the wine enjoys fantasy novels as much as I do.



A more standard pose.

And finally, the second project that I ever started, and one that has since gotten pushed aside for other projects, a moss stitch afghan. I didn't really use any pattern... just 90 sts across. Knit with Lion Brand Homespun. If e'er I finish this, it might well be gifted to my parents.



Also note the sheep pillow sneaking up in the corner.

In any case, that's all for now. I've worked on a lot of things since then, but for that you'll just have to wait.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home