06 August 2006

yarnfest

When I got back from work Tuesday afternoon, something lovely awaited me on my doorstep! It was a total shock for my yarn to have arrived that soon---the FedEx tracker was predicting arrival on the 4th (later they changed it to the 3rd), so I wasn't expecting it for two days. It was a beautiful thing, and here's the lot of it:



A decent-sized order by my standards, at any rate. Clockwise on the outer ring starting on the very left: size 0, 1, and 2 circular needles in 32", two boxes of pins (50 each), and The Knitter's Companion: Expanded and Updated from Interweave Press.

First off, let me just say that I have fallen in love with the needles. I've always gone back and forth with how I feel about metal versus bamboo, but for circs I have been a fast convert---metal all the way. These needles are gorgeous. The cord is wonderfully flexible, the needles quite slippery and amazingly sharp. Exactly what I wanted.

The book, on the other hand, was a slight disappointment. I suppose I had hoped it went into more detail about more things I knew nothing about; as it stands, I'm already familiar with most of the techniques it uses. Still, it's a very handy thing to have in the case that I am ever away from the internet---in fact, it will prove pretty invaluable that way, I suspect. In any case, onto the yarn!



Top to bottom, left to right (two skeins/hanks of each): Dancing in Square Dance, Essential in Fawn, Dusk, and Burgundy, and Memories in Yukon and Cape Cod. All of these yarns are quite lovely, though I'm particularly intrigued to see how the Dancing will work up. I have since started my first sock in the Cape Cod flavor of the Memories line, but more on that fiasco at a later date.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home